LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) – T-4 tactics founder Marco Galbreath is helping create a preventative program, called Safe Realtor Training, to ensure that realtors within the community are prepared for threats they may face while on the job.
This program was designed to give local realtors an opportunity to learn self-defense techniques and develop response plans for potential harm.
The Safe Realtor Training is a joint effort between local businessman Craig Daliessio and T-4 Tactics instructor Marko Galbreath.
“In response to the realtor being attacked, Craig reached out to me and said, you know what? Let’s do something,” Galbreath said.
Galbreath explained the importance of this reactive training, especially considering the current climate in the country.
“Ninety-percent of bad guys send out little signals of what they’re getting ready to do. So we have to teach people, you know what? I’m not getting good signals. If your gut tells you something, go with it and back out of the situation,” he said.
Lynchburg realtor Irina Moldavsky talked about the different precautions she takes when doing her job and giving open house tours.
“All the doors are open, and I can escape if I need to through the back of the house,” she said.
Daliessio hopes that this program makes realtors aware of the potential dangers that could happen anywhere.
“When this happens, it makes people aware like wow, this could happen, you know?” he said.
- Two Roanoke City schools to close for two weeks due to COVID-19 cases
- Second stimulus checks: Trump eyes aid deal with direct payments after Election Day
- Pittsylvania County to accept trash from Martinsville, Henry County to generate added revenue
- Richmond judge dissolves injunction blocking removal of Robert E. Lee statue
- U.S. Marshals Service finds 13 missing children in WV and OH