HENRY COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) – Earlier this month, the Henry County Sheriff’s Office responded to reports of someone shot at 7 Grace Drive, Apt. 14 in Bassett. Through the course of the investigation, several suspects have been identified and warrants have been obtained.
The incident occurred on June 5, after 10:30 p.m.
When deputies arrived on-scene, they found a male just inside of the doorway to the apartment with, what appeared to be multiple gunshot wounds.
Life-saving measures were attempted, but the victim, Robert Wayne Williams, 39, of 237 Huntingdon Hills Drive in Bassett, was pronounced dead at the scene.
The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner for the Western District of Virginia says the cause of death was a gunshot wound and the manner of death has been ruled to be a homicide.
Suspects that deputies have identified relating to the shooting are:
- Douglas Hampton Gillespie, 25, of 8 Grace Drive, Apt. 3 in Bassett.
- Daniel Fish, 37, of 4250 Sunset Drive in Martinsville.
- Ashleigh Nicole McCallister, 23, of 4250 Sunset Drive in Martinsville.
All three are being charged with 2nd Degree Murder and Use of a Firearm in Commission of a Felony.
Douglas Gillespie was arrested in Live Oak County, Texas where he is in jail with no body and is awaiting extradition to Virginia.
Deputies with the Henry County Sheriff’s Office is currently seeking the whereabouts of Daniel Fish and Ashleigh Nicole McCallister.
If you have information regarding this incident, you are asked to contact Crimestoppers at 63-CRIME (632-7463. The Crimestoppers Program offers rewards up to $2,500 for information relating to the crime.
- ‘Just want to say thank you’: First lady Jill Biden delivers cookies to National Guard troops
- 1 dead, 2 critical after bus bound for Grand Canyon rolls over
- Child tax credit: Biden stimulus plan could give parents $300 a month per child
- Danville Community College students can apply to receive free laptops due to CARES Act funds
- St. Andrew’s Catholic Church in Roanoke collecting donations in lieu of Baby Bottle Campaign