SOUTH BOSTON, Va. (WFXR) — A suspect in a Wednesday carjacking morning in South Boston was arrested several hours after the incident.
According to the South Boston Police, the Halifax County emergency call center received a call on Feb. 26, at 7:57 a.m. from a 53-year-old man reporting that a young male brandished a firearm and stole his 2006 Jeep on Hupps Mill Plaza.
Police found the suspect near the vehicle around 1:30 p.m. on Boyd Street, police said.
The vehicle was wrecked, according to law enforcement.
The suspect, Ryan Carter, was arrested and charged with carjacking and use of a firearm in the commission of a felony.
Carter is held at the Halifax Adult Detention Center without bond.
- Temporary lane closures in northeast Roanoke due to paving operations
- Sheriff: Man dies of medical emergency after leading Virginia deputies on pursuit, trying to set vehicle on fire
- Blue Ridge Autism and Achievement Center hasn’t received funding amidst the crisis; the school fears for its students’ well-being
- FDA approves plan for Ohio lab to sterilize thousands of masks for reuse
- Police identify woman found in southeast Roanoke, investigating as homicide