PATRICK COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) —A Patrick County teen faces second-degree murder charges, after allegedly shooting a man Sunday night.
The Sheriff’s Office says 18-year-old Lonnie Deandre Reynolds of Stuart was arrested Monday morning.
According to Sheriff Dan Smith, the victim 27-year-old Damien Hairston of Martinsville died after a single gunshot wound.
Virginia State Police assisted the Sheriff’s office with processing evidence at the crime scene.
Reynolds faces charges of second-degree murder, use of a firearm in commission of a felony, discharging a firearm within 1000 feet of a school, and reckless handling of a firearm.
He is being held without bail in the Patrick County Jail.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Virginia High School League announces guidelines for return to sports in December
- Talking about the annual Drumstick DASH with DASH the Turkey
- Lynchburg teachers describe how in-person learning is going so far
- Paws Across Pacific: Historic animal rescue flight provides hundreds of Hawaii shelter animals with forever homes
- Woman in labor refuses hospital until husband drives her to polling place first