UPDATE 10:45 p.m.: Danville Utilities report restoration efforts are continuing for residents in Danville and Pittsylvania County without power from earlier storms.
Danville Utilities reports outages have dropped from “several thousand” to just a few hundred.
Crews will continue restoration efforts until all power is restored.
DANVILLE, Va. (WFXR) – Several thousand Danville residents are currently in the dark as strong storms rolled through the area earlier this evening.
Danville Utilities reports damage from thunderstorms caused the outages.
Crews have been dispatched and will work to restore power, but they expect outages could last several hours.
- Pinpoint Weather: Mountain snow likely with wintry mix east of the foothills
- Martin Luther King Jr. celebration with the Montgomery County-Radford City-Floyd County Branch of the NAACP
- Liberty University to hold virtual Commencement ceremonies for Class of 2020, Class of 2021
- WATCH: WV honors Brig. Gen. Chuck Yeager with memorial service
- VP Pence arrives in Charleston for Brig. Gen. Yeager memorial service