UPDATE 10:45 p.m.: Danville Utilities report restoration efforts are continuing for residents in Danville and Pittsylvania County without power from earlier storms.
Danville Utilities reports outages have dropped from “several thousand” to just a few hundred.
Crews will continue restoration efforts until all power is restored.
DANVILLE, Va. (WFXR) – Several thousand Danville residents are currently in the dark as strong storms rolled through the area earlier this evening.
Danville Utilities reports damage from thunderstorms caused the outages.
Crews have been dispatched and will work to restore power, but they expect outages could last several hours.
- Police: One driver dead following crash between vehicle, bus in Lynchburg on Aug. 1
- 5.1 earthquake occurred near Sparta, NC; several report feeling quake in Southwest and Central Virginia
- VDH: Virginia’s total COVID-19 count surpasses 100,000 cases, reaches 2,326 deaths as of Sunday
- Flames schedule affected by MAC conference fall sports cancellation
- Liberty’s Gandy-Golden looks to leave his mark in D.C.