BLAND COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) – The Virginia State Police Bureau of Criminal Investigation is continuing its investigation into the discovery of human remains found on Saturday in Bland County.
On Saturday, May 23 at approximately 12:25 p.m., the Virginia State Police was notified of the discovery of a body in a ditch along Wilderness Road.
Police say Bruce M. Ritchie, 57, of Herminie, Pennsylvania was found stabbed to death outside of his vehicle, a white 2019 Nissan Sentra.
Both he, and his vehicle, were found in a wide, pull-off area on the right shoulder of Wilderness Road around 100 yards from the exit off exit 62 of I-77 in South Gap.
Police have determined that Ritchie was traveling north on I-77 when he apparently pulled off the exit and parked his vehicle.
A knife was recovered from the scene.
If you have any information surrounding this incident, you are asked to call the Virginia State Police Wytheville Division at (276) 228-3131 or email email@example.com.
Police are especially interested in talking with anyone who may have seen the white Nissan, other vehicles and/or individuals at the pull-off on Wilderness Road from Friday evening, May 22 through noon on Saturday, May 23.
- ‘Dewgarita’: How to make the Mountain Dew margarita Red Lobster’s now serving
- UVA identifies additional coronavirus cases in dorms after positive wastewater and individual tests
- Kanawha, Fayette, and Putnam counties move out of COVID-19 red tier
- Wythe County Sheriff’s Office investigates fatal shooting
- Pinpoint Weather: Sunny skies with a fall feel continues, watching Beta’s progression for late-week rain chances