HALIFAX COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) – Virginia State Police is investigating a shooting in Halifax County shooting from early Monday morning.
Troopers were dispatched along with the Halifax County Sheriff’s Office as well as South Boston Police for a vehicle being shot at by another vehicle Monday at approximately 2 a.m.
The incident occurred on Sinai Road.
When police arrived on the scene, they located a black 1999 BMW that had crashed against an embankment off the right side of the road.
The vehicle had been shot at several times.
Inside of the vehicle, the driver, a 20-year-old South Boston man was found suffering from a gunshot wound.
He was transported to Halifax Sentara Hospital and treated for non-life-threatening injuries.
He has since been released.
The vehicle involved in the shooting is described as a gray four-door sedan that had pulled alongside the BMW when the shooting took place.
If you have any information regarding this incident, contact the Virginia State Police at (434) 352-7128 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The investigation into this incident continues.
- Carilion creates “workout pods” for gym-goers at its wellness center
- Locals react to Redskins announcing name and logo change
- Roanoke’s West End Center for Youth announces temporary closure after partner agency staffer tests positive for COVID-19
- Danville Historical Society’s President resigns after ‘repugnant’ Facebook post
- Dollywood glassblowing shop employee injured; second incident at park in two days