CAMPBELL COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) – Deputies with the Virginia State Police are investigating a crash that involved a pedestrian on Timberlake Road on Saturday night.
According to State Police, a 2007 Honda Accord was traveling on Timberlake Road in the vicinity of east Sunny Bank Drive when a pedestrian stepped into the roadway.
The pedestrian, Kristi S. Cheatham, 48, of Lynchburg was struck by the vehicle.
She was transported to Carilion Roanoke Community Hospital and did not survive her injuries.
The driver of the Honda was uninjured in the crash.
No charges have been filed and the crash remains under investigation.
- Stimulus check, $600-per-week jobless benefit included in new virus aid proposal
- ‘Absurd’: $1B earmarked for PPE spent on body armor, jet parts
- Black volunteer rescue workers in Roanoke get historical marker
- Virginia Democrats aren’t defunding the police, some proposing bonuses
- Truck accident causing back-up on I-81