CARROLL COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) – Virginia State Police say a Woodlawn man was killed in a crash on Saturday morning in the 2600 block of Pleasantview Road.
According to deputies, the single-vehicle crash occurred after 8:30 a.m. on Saturday, Oct. 3, when a 1994 Ford Ranger pickup truck was traveling north when it ran off the right side of the road, struck a pole and a tree and subsequently overturned.
The driver has been identified as 27-year-old Robert M. Slusher, Jr., who died at the scene. Slusher was reportedly not wearing a seat belt.
Virginia State Police continue to investigate the crash.
- Americans struggle with food security amid pandemic
- WFXR Sports racing insider J.W. Martin named G.M. of the Pulaski franchise in the new Appalachian League
- 20 staff quarantined, several positive after wedding at Wintergreen Resort in Nelson County
- Goodwill Industries of the Valleys yearly fundraiser goes virtual
- Veterans Voices: Honoring Those Who Serve