UPDATE 11:00 p.m.: Appalachian Power says most outages have improved around the area, but there are still some issues:
Areas without power, as of 11 p.m. include:
- Henry County – ~ 850 customers without power
- Patrick County – ~ 450 customers without power
- Montgomery County – ~ 350 customers without power
- Giles County – ~ 350 customers without power
- Campbell County – ~ 150 customers without power
Elsewhere, outages are generally less than 100 customers.
(WFXR) – Appalachian Power is reporting multiple outages across the region.
Lynchburg appears to be the hardest hit with over 1,100 customers currently without power.
Other fairly harder-hit areas include:
- Montgomery County – ~ 500 customers without power
- Botetourt County – ~ 250 customers without power
- Amherst County – ~ 125 customers without power
- Roanoke County – ~ 125 customers without power
- Roanoke City – ~ 120 customers without power
To view the latest outages across Appalachian Power’s grid, click here.
- Veterans Voices: Navy sailor creates nonprofit to bring joy to active duty service members
- Not ‘I’ but ‘we’: The key to victory for one World War II veteran
- Stimulus checks: Any chance we get $1,200 direct payments in October?
- ‘Lead from the front’: Vietnam combat veteran shares lessons in leadership
- Veterans Voices: Willing Warriors retreat helps with healing