HENRY COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — A woman was airlifted to the hospital with serious injuries following a crash in Henry County Wednesday morning.
Virginia State Police told WFXR News that state troopers responded to a single-vehicle crash along Morehead Avenue — just a mile north of the North Carolina border — shortly after 7:45 a.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 9.
According to police, a Volkswagen Beetle ran off the right side of the road and overturned.
Officials say the 40-year-old female driver was flown to the hospital in a helicopter to be treated for serious injuries.
This crash remains under investigation, Virginia State Police say.
- Librarians significance to the community with ColorsVA Magazine
- How to be allies to our APIDA friends on Virginia Tech Tuesday
- Excitement builds for NFL Draft as stage takes shape in downtown Cleveland
- Virginia Tech to continue test-optional undergraduate admissions for entering class of 2022
- How you can safely get rid of prescription drugs with the Roanoke Youth Substance Abuse Coalition