UPDATE 2:38 p.m. — Virginia State Police have identified the victim of a deadly two-vehicle crash in Pittsylvania County Thursday night.
Police say a Honda Civic was heading south in the northbound lane of the Route 58 Bypass and hit a GMC Yukon head on.
The driver of the Honda Civic, Joaquin B. Galvan, 51, of Bassett, Va., died at the scene.
A female passenger in the Honda was transported to Sovah Health for treatment of serious injuries.
According to the latest update, Virginia State Police did not have any details on the driver of the Yukon. They were transported to the hospital, but their condition remains unknown.
PITTSYLVANIA COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — One person is dead and two more were brought to the hospital after a head-on collision in Pittsylvania County Thursday night.
Virginia State Police told WFXR News the crash took place around 11:10 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 26, approximately 0.3 miles south of Oak Ridge Farms Road along the Route 58 Bypass.
Police say a Honda Civic was heading south in the northbound lane of the Route 58 Bypass and hit a GMC Yukon head-on.
The driver of the Yukon and a passenger in the Honda were both transported to the hospital, but their condition is unknown at this time, according to Virginia State Police.
However, the driver of the Honda reportedly died following the crash.
While the crash is still under investigation, police say there was alcohol inside both vehicles.
- Lynchburg Police search for woman who reportedly left Lowe’s with items not paid for
- 3 militia members charged with plotting Capitol breach
- 8 things to know about America’s 1st second gentleman, Doug Emhoff
- Women to wear pearls, Converse on Inauguration Day in Harris’ honor
- Democrat Schumer tells McConnell Senate should adopt 2001 deal for 50-50 chamber