PITTYSLVANIA COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Virginia state troopers are investigating after a crash between a car and a tractor-trailer left a North Carolina man dead Tuesday afternoon.
At approximately 12:45 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 8, police say a two-vehicle crash took place on Cane Creek Parkway at Tom Fork Road.
According to Virginia State Police, a 2004 Toyota Camry was traveling on Tom Fork Road when it failed to stop for the posted stop sign, continued onto Cane Creek Parkway, and struck a tractor-trailer.
The impact of the crash caused both the car and trailer of the commercial vehicle to catch on fire, officials say.
Virginia State Police say the Camry’s driver — identified as 61-year-old Shirley J. Scott of Milton, North Carolina — died at the scene of the crash.
However, the tractor-trailer driver was reportedly not injured in the crash.
- Baby Great Horned Owl rescued by Black Dog Salvage owner taken to Southwest Virginia Wildlife Center
- Armored transport worker accused of keeping 29 bags of cash, buying cars for family
- Firefighter injured, 2 dogs die in house fire, Moneta Fire Department says
- Toddlers abandoned by smugglers at border wall released from Border Patrol custody
- Two people shot on AP Hill Boulevard following car crash