DANVILLE, Va. (WFXR) – Beginning on Sunday night, Feb. 21, a half-dozen intersections will see extra safety measures in place while workers are installing traffic light borders.
The work will be done at night between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m. at the following intersections:
- South Boston Road & Kentuck Road
- Main Street & Riverside Drive
- Piedmont Drive & Mt. Cross Road
- Piney Forest Road & Franklin Turnpike
- Piedmont Drive & Westover Drive
- Riverside Drive $ Piney Forest Road
Lights, traffic control measures and a law enforcement presence will be in place for visibility and safety while crews are working.
Signal heads that have backplates equipped with retroreflective borders are more visible and conspicuous in both daytime and nighttime conditions.
The project is funded by a Virginia Department of Transportation Highway Safety Improvement Program Grant,
Total cost for the project is said to be just under $37,000.