HALIFAX COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Three young women have been arrested by Halifax County authorities in connection with an armed robbery at a mini mart in early October.
The Halifax County Sheriff’s Office says the armed robbery occurred at the Liberty Mini Mart on Oct. 6. When they first announced the robbery, authorities said a masked person came into the store armed and demanded cash from the employee at the register.
Sheriff Fred S. Clark announced that investigators and deputies from the sheriff’s office — as well as members of the Halifax/South Boston Regional Narcotic & Gang Task Force — arrested 20-year-old Braelyn Martin of Murphy Grove Road, 20-year-old Marctavia Dunkley of Murphy Grove Road, and 22-year-old Kayleigh Desmond of Matt’s Trail on Tuesday, Oct. 27, for their alleged involvement in the armed robbery.
Authorities say Martin was charged with armed robbery, use of a firearm while in commission of a felony, and petit larceny. Meanwhile, Dunkley and Desmond were both charged with conspiracy to commit armed robbery.
All three women were transported to the Halifax Adult Detention Center and are being held without bond, according to the Blue Ridge Regional Jail Authority.
However, Clark says this is still an active investigation.
If you have any information about this armed robbery, you are asked to call Investigator Jeff Burton at (434) 476-3339 or the Halifax County Crime Line at (434) 476-8445.
- Days after circuit court orders Yellow Finch Tree Sitters to leave, “we’re still here.”
- COVID-19 hospitalization numbers released from the Near Southwest Region of Virginia
- Virginia Opens 2020-21 Season With a Loss at UCF
- Explosion heard over parts of Lynchburg metro area – but what was it?
- Fishing Virginia: Urban fisheries programs provide quality angling close to Roanoke and Salem