Three displaced due to Sunday morning structure fire in Danville

Southside Virginia News

DANVILLE, Va. (WFXR) — Three people have been displaced after a Sunday morning fire left a Danville home with a significant amount of fire and smoke damage.

According to the Danville Fire Department, units responded to a report of a structure fire at approximately 9:30 a.m. on Sunday, June 13 at 100 Hayes Court off Westover Drive.

When crews arrived at the scene, they found smoke showing from all sides and the roof of a single-story residence. The occupants quickly met with crews and told them that everyone was out of the home.

After assessing the structure, first responders entered the residence, located a fire in the basement, extinguished the fire, and began removing smoke from the residence.

Due to the fire damage in the basement and the heavy smoke damage on the main floor, fire officials say three adults were left displaced, but the Red Cross helped with temporary shelter for those occupants.

The Danville Police Department, the Danville Life Saving Crew, and City Utilities reportedly assisted at the scene.

The department says the Fire Marshall’s officer determined the cause of the fire was improper use of electrical equipment.

Get breaking news, weather, and sports delivered to your smartphone with the WFXR News app available on Apple and Android.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

News tips

Do you have a news tip or breaking news to share with WFXR?  Submit your tip here.

Latest News

More News

News Tip Form