DANVILLE, Va. (WFXR) — A staff member in the Danville Public Schools (DPS) Transportation Department has tested positive for COVID-19.
The school system was made aware of the positive case on Friday, Nov. 27. After they received the report, Billy Chaney, the DPS Pandemic Coordinator, began contact tracing immediately. Any exposures will be contacted individually.
The staff member was last at work on Friday, Nov. 20.
DPS has contacted the Virginia Department of Health and, based on the mitigation efforts currently in place, the school system is confident that these incidents are contained and no further action is necessary.
- UPDATE: Man dies after Sunday night shooting in Lynchburg
- Reigning champion Chiefs dump Bills 38-24 in AFC title game
- 11-year-old remembers his mother, Samantha Robinson, who was fatally shot in Lynchburg
- Super Host: Bucs become 1st to play Super Bowl at home
- Radford residents react to Sunday morning shootings