SOUTH BOSTON, Va. (WFXR) — Officers with the South Boston Police Department are investigating a call of a bomb threat at Integrated Textile Solutions (ITS) on Parker Avenue from Monday morning.
According to the department, police — along with deputies from the Halifax County Sheriff’s Office and Virginia state troopers — were dispatched to the call at approximately 11:30 a.m. on Monday, Jan. 11.
Virginia State Police responded with two troopers and two explosives-sniffing K-9s.
Management was able to successfully evacuate the facility while it was checked and ultimately cleared.
No explosives or suspicious items were found, but law enforcement spent approximately two hours on the scene investigating the reported threat.
As the building was being searched, traffic was restricted on Parker Avenue and Houghton Boulevard as a safety precaution.
Authorities have not identified anyone responsible for the threat and is asking the public to share any information they may have in regards to identifying those responsible by calling South Boston Police at (434) 575-7273.
- See the auroras from space in newly released photos
- ‘Paramedic of the Year’ arrested in theft of Florida COVID vaccines
- Postal Service to release new series of ‘Star Wars’-themed stamps
- Democrats revive push to raise minimum wage to $15 by 2025
- Belk will file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy but plans to stay open