MARTINSVILLE, Va. (WFXR) – Patrick Henry Community College and the PHCC Foundation are creating a scholarship opportunity to meet the training needs of local employers.
The new workforce scholarship funding will come from the PHCC Foundation and will assist employers with the cost of professional development classes.
Recently, PHCC created several new professional development classes to directly address the needs of local employers.
These training courses were developed in response to several community roundtable discussions where employers provided the college with specific feedback regarding training needs. The college, however, is finding out that due to the pandemic, many employers are cutting training budgets and cannot afford the training they requested.
“It’s a catch 22. They want training to better handle the issues the pandemic has brought to light, but in many cases, the pandemic is also limiting funding for training.”Rhonda Hodges, PHCC Vice President of Workforce Economic and Community Development
In response, the PHCC Foundation has created Workforce Scholarship funds that essentially give employers a “buy one seat, get one free” option which applies to the following courses and is only good for this semester.
- Leadership Series
- Living & Working in the Virtual World
- Marketing/Social Media
- Business & Professional Development
- Computers & Technology
- Food Service Safety
- Tradesman & Basic Contractor Licensing
- Innovation & Design
For more information about this program, email email@example.com or call (276) 656-0260.
- Botetourt County tractor-trailer crash causes miles-long delay on I-81 South
- Number of confirmed coronavirus patients plummets from 432 to 345 at ‘Near Southwest Virginia’ hospitals
- Pinpoint Weather: Snow arrives overnight, cold and windy pattern to follow Thursday
- WATCH @ Noon: Centra Health to hold weekly coronavirus news conference
- Terminally ill doctor held hostages, shot pediatrician and himself at her office on Tuesday