DANVILLE, Va. (WFXR) – On Saturday afternoon, crews with the Danville Fire Department battled a house fire at 308 Church Street.

The department says the fire was reported just after 1 p.m. Saturday.

When crews arrived, they found smoke coming from the home.

The fire was knocked down quickly which saved the home and much of the property inside, though the home did sustain heavy fire damage in the basement and moderate fire damage on the first floor.

There was also water and smoke damage throughout the home as well.

Two residents were able to escape the fire before crews arrived.

The residents of the home have been displaced as a result of the fire which, crews say, was caused by an overloaded electrical circuit.