HENRY COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — A Martinsville man was brought to the hospital after being shot in the legs outside a Collinsville convenience store late Saturday night.
According to the Henry County Sheriff’s Office, a 911 call came in shortly after 11:30 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 24, about a person who had been shot in the parking lot of the Circle K Convenience Store at 1560 Virginia Avenue in Collinsville.
When authorities arrived on the scene, they say they found the victim — identified as 43-year-old Tarleton Marland Gravely — alert and coherent in the parking lot.
The sheriff’s office says Gravely was transported to SOVAH Health Martinsville with gunshot wounds to both legs before he was transferred to Roanoke for treatment.
Gravely reportedly told investigators he was in the parking lot when he heard several gunshots and was shot in his legs. According to authorities, Gravely described the shooter as a man driving a gold or tan SUV.
The investigation into this incident is still ongoing.
Anyone with information about this shooting is asked to call the Henry County Sheriff’s Office at (276) 638-8751.
- Northside’s Jake Weaver signs to play baseball at Patrick Henry Community College
- Seeking an upset vs. Clemson, Hokies look to erase past disappointment
- Local hospitals preparing for increase in COVID-19 patients as holiday season continues
- State lawmakers named to Redistricting Commission including one delegate from Southside
- Dish Network removes Nexstar local TV stations in 115 markets