HENRY COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — A Martinsville man was brought to the hospital after being shot in the legs outside a Collinsville convenience store late Saturday night.
According to the Henry County Sheriff’s Office, a 911 call came in shortly after 11:30 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 24, about a person who had been shot in the parking lot of the Circle K Convenience Store at 1560 Virginia Avenue in Collinsville.
When authorities arrived on the scene, they say they found the victim — identified as 43-year-old Tarleton Marland Gravely — alert and coherent in the parking lot.
The sheriff’s office says Gravely was transported to SOVAH Health Martinsville with gunshot wounds to both legs before he was transferred to Roanoke for treatment.
Gravely reportedly told investigators he was in the parking lot when he heard several gunshots and was shot in his legs. According to authorities, Gravely described the shooter as a man driving a gold or tan SUV.
The investigation into this incident is still ongoing.
Anyone with information about this shooting is asked to call the Henry County Sheriff’s Office at (276) 638-8751.
- Ban on ‘Soul Cap’ spotlights lack of diversity in swimming
- Fountain of youth: 37-year-old becomes oldest Olympic weightlifting champ
- Bacon in California may become scarce, more expensive as new pig rules take effect
- Florida neighborhood offering $500 reward for information on deer found with arrow through neck
- UPDATE: Lanes reopened at scene of tractor-trailer crash on I-81 north in Wythe County