HENRY COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Police say a Martinsville driver died at the hospital after running off the road and crashing in Henry County Friday night.
According to Virginia State Police, troopers were dispatched to a single-vehicle crash in the 2600 block of Route 58 shortly before 6:45 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 25.
Police say a 2003 Lincoln LS ran off the right side of the road and down an embankment before hitting several trees.
The vehicle’s driver — identified by authorities as 51-year-old Morris A. Hairston of Martinsville — was not wearing a seatbelt during the crash and was brought to Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital, where he later died from his injuries.
Virginia State Police say the crash is still under investigation.
- Duke hangs on to beat Georgia Tech, ending 3-game skid
- Pregnant women should not take Moderna vaccine, WHO advises
- Botetourt County leaders accept committee’s report on Confederate monument, further discussions expected
- Sen. Patrick Leahy taken to hospital
- In-home daycare operator in Norfolk charged with murder in 2-year-old girl’s death