SOUTH BOSTON, Va. (WFXR) — A man facing numerous charges — including attempted murder — following an incident in South Boston from late August was arrested by authorities in North Carolina Tuesday afternoon.
According to the South Boston Police Department, 51-year-old James Kevin Hobbs was taken into custody shortly after 2 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 7 in Rocky Mount, N.C. by the Carolina Regional Fugitive Task Force.
Police say Hobbs was charged with the following offenses in connection with an incident that occurred during the early morning hours on Aug. 27 in the Lincoln Drive/Westside area of South Boston:
- Attempted second degree murder (felony)
- Use of a firearm in the commission of a felony (felony)
- Possession of a firearm by a violent felon (felony)
- Preventing communication to 9-1-1 (misdemeanor)
- Reckless handling of a firearm (misdemeanor)
- Assault on a family member (misdemeanor)
- Petit larceny (misdemeanor)
For breaking news delivered to you, subscribe to WFXR’s breaking news email list