UPDATE 3:23 P.M.: The Pittsylvania County Sheriff’s Office arrested Kevin Ray Wishon, 34, of Lynch Station, in connection to this morning’s shooting. He is charged with malicious wounding and use of a firearm in the commission of a felony. He’s held at the Pittsylvania County Jail without bond while he awaits his initial court appearance, the sheriff’s office said.
PITTSYLVANIA COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Authorities say one man was hospitalized Friday morning after a shooting outside a Pittsylvania County home.
The Pittsylvania County Sheriff’s Office told WFXR News one man was shot on Friday, Oct. 30, outside a house in the 300 block of Alta Street in Hurt.
According to authorities, the man was taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
While nobody has been arrested at this point, the sheriff’s office says charges are pending.
This is an ongoing investigation.
- Health officials report 1,893 new COVID-19 cases around Virginia while total deaths reach 4,062 as of Monday
- William & Mary men’s hoops pauses after positive virus test, Tribe played ODU on Saturday
- Merriam-Webster’s top word of 2020 is no surprise
- Moderna asking US, European regulators to OK its virus shots
- UPDATE: Multiple weather-related road closures, warnings reported around Pittsylvania County, other localities