MARTINSVILLE, Va. (WFXR) — Deputies with the Henry County Sheriff’s Office have taken a man wanted for assaulting three household members into custody.
Willie Lee Turner was arrested on Friday, Nov. 20, when a Henry County deputy found Turner on Old Liberty Drive and was operating the victim’s stolen vehicle that Turner allegedly stabbed on Thursday, Nov. 19, on Willow Court in Martinsville.
The deputy initiated a traffic stop and Turner was taken into custody without incident.
Turner is currently being held in the Henry County Jail without bond and is being charged with malicious wounding, two counts of strangulation, grand larceny, and assault and battery.
If you have any information about this case, you are asked to contact the Henry County Sheriff’s Office at (276) 638-8751 or Crimestoppers at 63-CRIME (632-7463). The Crimestoppers program offers rewards of up to $2,500 for information related to the crime. The nature of the crime and the substance of the information provided determine the amount of reward paid.
- Democrat and Republican senators pile on the pressure to declassify 9/11 secrets
- Infrastructure bill a “shot in the arm” for rural high speed internet expansion
- Blood test could diagnose Alzheimer’s disease decades before symptoms develop, doctors say
- Botetourt County Department of Fire and EMS on scene of a fire involving a mobile home
- Virginia announces one-time relief funding for intercity bus providers