DANVILLE, Va. (WFXR) – To observe the New Year’s holiday, government offices in Danville will be closed on Friday.
Closures affect the Municipal Building and all other government offices as well as the public library.
The James F. Ingram Justice Center (courthouse) will be closed on Thursday, Dec. 31 as well as New Year’s Day.
The library will reopen on Saturday, Jan. 2 and Danville Transit will also resume operations on Saturday.
Household trach and yard waste collection that is normally scheduled for Friday will be collected on Saturday, Dec. 2.
- TSA installs acrylic shields at Lynchburg Regional Airport to prevent spread of COVID-19
- Roanoke Sheriff’s Office warns residents about phone scam
- Fatal single-vehicle crash occurred on U.S. 460 in Giles Co., according to state police
- All lanes on VA-40 in Pittsylvania Co. near Dr Mease Drive closed due to crash
- Roanoke County Police ask drivers to avoid Bent Mountain Rd. due to winter weather conditions