DANVILLE, Va. (WFXR) — A faulty outlet led to a fire at the Regional Center for Advanced Training and Technology (RCATT) in Danville Friday afternoon.

The Danville Fire Department says units were dispatched to a reported structure fire at the RCATT building on Slayton Avenue just after 2 p.m. on Friday, May 27.  

When crews arrived at the scene, members of the airport station reported smoke coming from the roof line. After investigating further, first responders determined the fire was smoldering in fiber board located between the outside metal of the building’s exterior and the interior block wall.

After the facility’s personnel were evacuated, crews accessed the area by removing the roof flashing and some of the exterior metal covering the walls.  

According to the department, the Fire Marshal arrived on scene and deemed the cause of the fire to be a faulty exterior electrical outlet.  

Firefighters were at the scene for about 2.5 hours, along with members of the Danville Life Saving Crew to assist with “firefighter rehab,” officials say.

There are no reports of injuries from this fire, which only caused minimal damage to the building.