Discarded smoking material causes small trash fire in Danville home; adult and child temporarily displaced

Southside Virginia News

(File photo)

DANVILLE, Va. (WFXR) – Danville fire crews battled a fire Monday evening that left two people temporarily displaced.

The Danville Fire Department says crews responded to 46 Morris Avenue for a report of a structure fire on Monday, Nov. 22.

When units arrived, they found a small trash fire in the basement of a small, single-story home.

The fire was extinguished with minimal water and structure damage as well as slight smoke damage to the basement.

Discarded smoking material was determined to be the cause of the fire.

Temporary housing is being provided by the American Red Cross for one adult and one child.

For breaking news delivered to you, subscribe to WFXR’s breaking news email list

Get breaking news, weather, and sports delivered to your smartphone with the WFXR News app available on Apple and Android.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest News

More News

News Tip Form