UPDATE 12:43 p.m.: More than six hours after a Henry County vehicle crash blocked all eastbound and westbound lanes on Route 57, VDOT announced crews have cleared the scene of the crash, as well as the resulting detours.
In addition, Appalachian Power says power has been restored to the 20 customers impacted by the crash Monday morning, which knocked over a power line near Reed Stone Street and resulted in an outage.
HENRY COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Monday morning motorists in Henry County may run into detours due to a vehicle crash that has knocked down a power line and blocked off Route 57 in both directions.
According to the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT), all eastbound and westbound lanes are closed on Route 57 near Reed Stone Street and Route 756.
VDOT says eastbound traffic is being detoured off Riverside Drive (Route 57), onto Bullocks Drive (Route 673), and then onto Fairystone Park Highway (Route 57). Meanwhile, westbound motorists are reportedly being detoured off Riverside Drive (Route 57), onto Governor Stanley Highway (Route 1228), and then onto Fairystone Park Highway (Route 57).
Motorists are asked to expect delays in Henry County as a result of this crash, but VDOT has not released an estimate of the traffic backup at this time.
Meanwhile, Appalachian Power’s online outage map shows an outage in the vicinity of the Henry County crash that started shortly before 5 a.m. on Monday, Nov. 23, and has left 20 customers without power as of 6:28 a.m.
Appalachian Power says crews are expected to restore power to the customers impacted by the outage — which was caused by a vehicle crash — by noon on Monday.
- Hokies All Access (Jan. 21, 2021): Discussing Virginia Tech men’s and women’s basketball, catching up with Jeff Charles and Coach’s Corner
- Roanoke College prepares for spring 2021 semester after delayed start
- Wanted fugitive arrested by Carroll County deputies
- Deputy Chief of Lynchburg Police Department appointed to esteemed crime prevention committee
- Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene says she has filed articles of impeachment against Biden