DANVILLE, Va. (WFXR) — A new interactive map is making it easier for people to search through parcels in the city of Danville.
The city’s Information Technology Department created this user-friendly web application. This parcel viewer lets people search by owner name, parcel number, address, legal description, and zoning. There is also an advance search option that features sale date range, sale price, and land use/state use codes.
“The old parcel viewer basically was a static application,” said Scott Longerbeam, geographic information systems coordinator for the Information Technology Department. “We changed the vendor to get a new look, new functionality, and new representation of all the data we have.”
Here is a list of all the new features:
- Interactive display of layers, scale-based drawing capabilities, and layer transparency.
- Prepopulated bookmarks for users.
- Interactive selection of parcel features for details, browsing, and reporting.
- Export of selected records and adjoiner sets of records.
- Corresponding tax map grid(s) for each parcel selected.
- Tools to add symbols, lines, text, etc. at different sizes and colors.
- A comprehensive help section.
- A selection of over 20 different base maps, including imagery from 1945 to 2019.
You can check out the new interactive map on the City of Danville’s website.