DANVILLE, Va. (WFXR) — Police in one southside city say eyewitnesses helped them capture an accused robber.
Danville Police say a 17-year-old boy with a gun robbed a person outside his home in the 200 block of Wheatley Road around 11:15 a.m. Thursday, demanding he turn over his wallet.
After he handed over his wallet, Danville Police say he called 911 and responding officers began the search for a suspect. Eyewitnesses provided police with information and surveillance which helped them arrest who they believe committed the crime after a short foot chase.
The suspect, who is not named, was booked into the W.W. Moore Jr. Juvenile Detention Home on a robbery charge.
Seven robberies have been reported in Danville this year. All investigations resulted in arrests.
- Hokies All Access : Pittsburgh recap, football bye week, turkey pardon, tailgating, Kenny Brooks profile, men’s basketball preview with Jon Laaser and Mike Burnop
- Virginia Tech women’s basketball head coach Kenny Brooks rewarded with contract extension
- 2021 ACC Men’s Basketball Tournament Moved to Greensboro
- Northside’s Mackenzie Walker signs with Radford
- North Cross School’s Asia Minnes Signs with University of Tennessee for Swimming