DANVILLE, Va. (WFXR) — Several Danville government offices and other services will be closed for the Thanksgiving holiday.
The Municipal Building and all other city government offices will close for the Thanksgiving holiday at noon on Wednesday, Nov. 25, and will remain closed until Monday, Nov. 30.
The public library and the James F. Ingram Justice Center, as known as the courthouse, also will close at noon on Wednesday and reopen on Monday, Nov. 30.
The Danville Transit will not operate on Thanksgiving Day, but it will run on regular service hours on Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday.
Household trash and yard waste collection scheduled for Thursday pickup will be collected on Saturday, Nov. 28, instead.
- Miss Virginia competition returns to Roanoke for 2021
- US setting up $1.7B national network to track COVID-19 variants
- YouTuber Jake Paul says he has brain damage ahead of boxing match, then retracts comments
- Looking forward to the new concert and event season with Dr Pepper Park
- She’s back! Chrissy Teigen returns to Twitter after 3-week hiatus