ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) – The Roanoke Chapter of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference (SCLC) will hold its annual Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Youth Day March and Service on Monday, Jan. 20th.
Assembly will begin at the Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial Bridge at 1st Street NW in Roanoke at 12:30 p.m. with the march beginning at 1 p.m.
The Patrick Henry High School Marching Band will perform.
The service will be held after the march at 2 p.m. at Roanoke Catholic Church at 621 North Jefferson Street.
This is a free event where everyone is welcome that comes in peace.
- UPDATE: Southbound I-77 reopens in Bland County after vehicle fire at East River Mountain Tunnel
- Virginia NAACP says constitutional amendment on the ballot would adversely affect Black voters
- American, United Airlines to furlough 32,000 workers without federal bailout agreement
- Amid social unrest, local sheriff’s office prepares for National Night Out
- Title aspirations drive Sam Hauser ahead of lone season at UVA