UPDATE 1:33 p.m.: VDOT says the tractor-trailer crash and the ensuing traffic backup have been cleared from I-81 in Montgomery County.
UPDATE 12:54 p.m.: Crews have reopened all southbound lanes near mile marker 111 on I-81, but VDOT says the traffic in Montgomery County is still backed up for five miles.
UPDATE 12:14 p.m.: VDOT says the southbound right lane and right shoulder are still closed near mile marker 111 on I-81 following Saturday morning’s tractor-trailer crash.
According to VDOT, all southbound traffic between Exit 118 and mile marker 114 will be detoured off at Exit 114, but all southbound traffic north of mile marker 118 will be detoured off at Exit 118B.
Officials say delays are still estimated at four miles.
UPDATE 10:59 a.m.: According to VDOT Salem, southbound traffic is now backed up for four miles from the scene of a tractor-trailer crash on I-81 in Montgomery County.
VDOT says there is a detour in place onto Route 8 at Exit 114 and encourages drivers to seek alternate routes.
MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Motorists in Montgomery County are backed up for miles on I-81 South due to a Saturday morning tractor-trailer crash.
The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) says all southbound lanes are closed near mile marker 111 on I-81 following a tractor-trailer crash.
Traffic is currently delayed for three miles, according to VDOT.
- States volunteer to host RNC as Trump considers moving it from North Carolina
- How lawmakers respond to nursing homes being at the epicenter of coronavirus pandemic
- Richmond International Airport has 96% drop in passenger traffic in April
- NHL Commissioner: Regular season over, 24-team playoff in 2 cities
- House seeks answers on PPE shortages at the beginning of coronavirus pandemic