(WFXR) – The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has released some sobering statistics that will hopefully make you think twice before getting behind the wheel after consuming a few drinks.
The NHTSA says that over the past five years – on average, 300 people have lost their lives to drunk driving crashes between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
This is why law enforcement agencies across the country will be looking out for drunk drivers and encouraging people to find a ride home.
- Pinpoint Weather: Dry and mild pattern for the rest of the holiday weekend
- Second stimulus check: President-elect Biden’s thoughts on $1,200 payments
- Runners around Roanoke contribute to the community through the virtual Drumstick Dash
- The man behind the meals at the Roanoke Rescue Mission
- Dozens of people in Cave Spring lace up their running shoes Thanksgiving morning for the 2020 Drumstick Dash