The Smith Mountain Lake Regional Chamber of Commerce is holding a photo contest and is asking photographers to showcase the area.
The contest is open to professional and amateur photographers. They may submit an unlimited number of photos in 10 categories:
- People – Individuals of any age, capturing character and spirit and having fun.
- On Vacation – A favorite attraction, beach, dining, shopping at local stores or other activities
- Festivals – Any organized lake event such as the Wine Festival, Pirate Days, Antique Boat Show. Weddings are also allowed.
- Culinary – People eating, prepared plates, fresh food, etc.
- Seasons – Showcase SML’s four distinct seasons
- Outdoor adventure – Cycling, camping, fishing, jet-skiing, golf (or mini-golf) hiking, paddling, swimming, boating, etc.
- Indoor activities at the lake – Fitness, church activities, concerts, etc.
- Scenics – Landscapes, lake scenes, sunrises, sunsets, etc.
- Real Estate – Exterior and interior shots
- National Monuments – Booker T. Washington National Monument, National D-Day Memorial, etc.
Deadline to enter is July 31 at 5 p.m. The winning entry will receive a $300 cash prize. Second place is $150 and third place is $50.
For complete list of rules and details, or to submit photos, visit visitsmithmountainlake.com/photocontest.