UPDATE 10:25 p.m.: Lynchburg Police have arrested an individual involved in what police are describing as a malicious wounding.
Steven Smith, 28, of Lynchburg, is being charged with reckless handling and possession of a stolen firearm.
According to police, officers responded to a fight in progress on Fifth Street near Madison Street. After separating two males, an officer discovered one of the males had a gunshot wound. He was transported to Lynchburg General Hospital for a non-life-threatening wound.
This is an ongoing investigation. If you have any information regarding this incident, you are asked to call Crime Stoppers at (888) 798-5900.
UPDATE 11:25 a.m.: Lynchburg Police say they have cleared the scene, and roads are reopen.
The investigation is ongoing.
LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) — Police are on the scene of a shooting that occurred in Downtown Lynchburg.
Lynchburg Police say the incident occurred at the 500 block of 5th Street in the area of 5th and Madison. LPD says the roads are currently shutdown, and the public should avoid the area.
One individual has been transported to Lynchburg General Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
This is an ongoing investigation. Anyone with information should call (434) 455-6121.
- Danville drivers asked to avoid section of Piney Forest Road after crash
- 1.2 million seek jobless aid after $600 federal check ends
- Montgomery County motorists delayed on I-81 North following tractor-trailer crash
- Los Angeles mayor OKs shutting off water, power to combat house parties and other gatherings
- Report: Twitter bans Trump campaign from tweeting over COVID misinformation