FRANKLIN COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — After receiving calls from a concerned resident about an unfinished paving job and an unreachable paver, the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office turned to Facebook to warn the rest of the community about this possible scam.
Authorities say that the resident reportedly hired and paid a person who offered to pave their driveway. After discovering that the driveway was only partially paved, the resident says they tried and failed to track down the paver.
The Franklin County Sheriff’s Office says that before hiring or paying a worker for services, residents should always ask to see a business license, take a picture of it, and make sure the worker is legitimate.
If you have been approached recently by someone offering to pave your driveway — especially if that person refuses to show you a Franklin County business license — please call the Sheriff’s Office at (540) 483-3000.
- Economic fallout mounts, along with competition for gear
- President Trump approves Virginia’s disaster declaration
- ‘Tiger King’ Joe Exotic transfers to hospital after fellow inmates test positive for COVID-19
- Reese Witherspoon’s Draper James giving dresses to teachers as a thank you
- Clear skies and breezy conditions close out the work week.