WYTHE COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Wythe County authorities say a man faces multiple charges — including murder — in connection with the his stepson’s homicide Saturday night.
According to the Wythe County Sheriff’s Office, they received a call at 8:09 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 19, to a residence at 176 Vineland Drive in Barren Springs about a shooting. The caller reportedly indicated that one man had sustained a gunshot wound to the chest.
When deputies arrived, they found a dead man — identified as 30-year-old Chad Allan Norris — in the yard in front of the residence, the sheriff’s office says.
Authorities say they found 61-year-old Joel Perries Hosey, who is Norris’ stepfather, inside the home and took him into custody.
The sheriff’s office says Hosey is being held without bond at the New River Regional Jail and faces charges for second-degree murder and use of a firearm in the commission of a felony.
According to authorities, this homicide appears to be the result of domestic violence.
- FBI investigating fire set in Boston ballot dropbox
- Tracking the Tropics: Zeta gaining strength, will likely become hurricane
- Early vote total exceeds 2016; GOP chips at Dems’ advantage
- Officer suspended for blaring ‘Trump 2020’ from NYPD vehicle
- Wythe County Public Schools offering free bus driver training starting Monday