UPDATE: 2:05 p.m.– Bedford Police say a mother died in the single-vehicle crash that occurred last night with her two children in the car.
Police say Trenese McMiller-Simmons, 48, of Bedford, the driver of the 1999 Nissan, crashed into an electric pole on Independence Boulevard between Orange Street and Freedom Lane on Sunday, Dec. 8 around 5:30 p.m.
McMiller-Simmons was sent to the hospital where she was declared dead.
An 11-year-old and nine-year-old, McMiller-Simmons children, were taken to the hospital and have since been released.
The Bedford Police Department continues to investigate the cause of the crash.
BEDFORD, Va. (WFXR) — At least three people were seriously injured in a single-vehicle crash in Bedford last night.
The accident happened just before 5:30 p.m. on Sunday, Dec. 8, said the Bedford Fire Department via its Facebook page.
Three patients were transported to local hospitals with serious injuries.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
WFXRtv.com will keep you posted, as more information becomes available.
- Friday night fire intentionally set at vacant Danville house, fire officials say
- VDH reports more than 1,300 new coronavirus cases while total deaths climb to 2,322 as of Saturday
- Pinpoint Weather: Warming up over the weekend
- Liberty Flames hold first practice of the season
- 17 vehicles stolen from Michigan dealership 1 day before opening