WASHINGTON, D.C. (WFXR) – U.S. Senators Mark Warner and Tim Kaine announced on Tuesday that $1.6 million in federal funds will be awarded to four planning district commissions in Virginia in support of redevelopment and revitalization efforts to diversify and strengthen regional economies.
The funding was authorized by the U.S. Economic Development Administration (EDA) under the CARES Act.
The funds, totaling $400,000 each, will be dispersed to the following commissions:
- The Crater Planning District Commission
- The Cumberland Plateau Planning District Commission
- The West Piedmont Planning District Commission
- The Central Shenandoah Planning District Commission
“We are pleased to announce this critical funding which will support Virginia’s planning district commissions in addressing the COVID-19 outbreak that has devastated our communities. We must ensure they are equipped with the tools necessary to continue to provide essential services while keeping workers safe.”Sens. Mark Warner & Tim Kaine (D-Virginia)
- Trump takes sharp GOP criticism over meeting with white nationalist
- Biden calls on Congress to intervene to avert rail shutdown
- Pence: Trump should apologize for recent Mar-a-Lago dinner
- Photos: Hawaii’s Mauna Loa erupts, causes fiery skies
- SCOTUS concerned about future political corruption during Percoco case