DANVILLE, Va. (WFXR) — While sections of the Riverwalk Trail are closed, all streets in Danville are open this Thursday morning as the Dan River reaches minor flood stage.
At 7:01 a.m., the Dan River was at 21.14 feet, which is just above minor flood stage.
The river is projected to rise during the day Thursday and into Friday. It is expected to reach moderate flood stage Friday morning when the river crests at 28.2 feet.
- VDH Friday update: 2,877 new COVID-19 cases, 102 new hospitalizations reported around Virginia
- ‘Santa-tizer’ helping children this holiday season
- Bedford Police warn of scam calls about loved ones being arrested
- Trooper-shooting suspect killed in NY shootout with US marshals
- Snowshoe Mountain Resort opens to winter enthusiasts following coronavirus-related delay