UPDATE 5:20 p.m.: Authorities in Danville say the water has been shut off in the area and utility crews are working to repair the line; however, repairs will likely not be complete until sometime on Friday.
Once the line is repaired, Public Works crews will assess damage to the street and determine if the detour needs to remain in place.
Water service has been restored to customers in the affected area.
Customers who experience muddy water coming out of their faucets should run the water until it is clear.
DANVILLE, Va. (WFXR) – A water main break has closed a section of North Main Street in Danville.
The closure affects both directions of North Main Street at Fagan Street.
Authorities are saying detours are in place.
- Maryland factory making J&J vaccine was dirty, improperly run, FDA inspection found
- Child tax credit: Enhanced credit could be extended through 2025
- Official: Virginia mental hospitals dangerously full
- Man says 7-year-old daughter ’embarrassed’ after student, then teacher cut her hair
- Man fatally shot by sheriff’s deputy in Elizabeth City, North Carolina