UPDATE 5:20 p.m.: Authorities in Danville say the water has been shut off in the area and utility crews are working to repair the line; however, repairs will likely not be complete until sometime on Friday.
Once the line is repaired, Public Works crews will assess damage to the street and determine if the detour needs to remain in place.
Water service has been restored to customers in the affected area.
Customers who experience muddy water coming out of their faucets should run the water until it is clear.
DANVILLE, Va. (WFXR) – A water main break has closed a section of North Main Street in Danville.
The closure affects both directions of North Main Street at Fagan Street.
Authorities are saying detours are in place.
- Visitor finds 9-carat diamond at Crater of Diamonds State Park in Arkansas
- Members of Roanoke community react to mental stresses of coronavirus pandemic
- University of Virginia under new COVID-19 restrictions
- The historic role of El Lector in educating cigar factory workers
- 870,000 Americans filed new unemployment claims last week