PITTSYLVANIA COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — The victim in last week’s murder-suicide near Gretna told a sheriff’s deputy she was a hostage before she was shot in front of the deputy, search warrants reveal.
A Pittsylvania County Sheriff’s Office deputy was at the Dairy Queen in Gretna when Patrica Harris Towler, 43, told the deputy she was a hostage. Towler was in a vehicle when she spoke with the deputy.
“Upon saying that, a male in the vehicle produced a weapon and shot the female then shot himself,” the warrant said, adding that an infant was removed from the car and removed by other deputies on the scene. The man, Dane Clarke Towler, 50, and Patricia Towler both died at the scene.
A Smith & Wesson 357 revolver was found in the car, along with $125.
- Family displaced after chimney fire spreads to attic in Roanoke County
- The Drumstick Dash idea came from a neighboring state
- Dr. Anthony Fauci, essential workers among list of Time Person of the Year reader poll nominees
- Days after circuit court orders Yellow Finch Tree Sitters to leave, “we’re still here.”
- COVID-19 hospitalization numbers released from the Near Southwest Region of Virginia