ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — Roanoke Police have found a car covered in a tarp that matches the description of a vehicle involved in a fatal hit and run earlier this month in Roanoke.
Albert Cager Jr., 55, of Roanoke, was killed in a hit and run just before 6:15 p.m. on Sept. 3 at Salem Turnpike and Calvary Road NW. The car drove away without stopping after hitting Cager, according to surveillance video obtained by WFXR News.
The search warrant filed Sept. 14 say police found a car on Westview Avenue SW that was white and matched the rims of the car sought by police.
The warrant says Roanoke Police requested the search warrant for the car so it could be “examined for damage consistent with the above offense and is to be searched for any forensic evidence such as blood, hair, fiber, equipment damage, paint transfer, or any item used to identify the vehicle, driver, and/or victim(s) related tot eh above listed offense.”
A previous search warrant filed on Sept. 10 says Roanoke Police requested owner records of any white, cream, or ivory 1992-1997 Cadillac Seville registered in the city.
- At least five shootings in Roanoke in less than a week; we take a look at the data
- Coronavirus case confirmed at Jackson River Technical Center in Covington
- Virginia Military Institute Board of Visitors votes to move Stonewall Jackson statue
- Pinpoint Weather: Zeta exits Virginia quickly, winds linger into the evening
- Newborns celebrate 1st Halloween at Philadelphia children’s hospital