(WFXR) — As many southwest Virginians wake up to frigid temperatures Tuesday morning, several school districts have already announced delays, closures, or transitions to remote for the day.
The following school districts have announced delays, closures, or virtual learning plans on Tuesday, Dec. 1:
UPDATE: Rather than operating on a two-hour delay on Tuesday, Bland County Public Schools are now closed for the day.
Grayson County Public Schools:
Grayson County Public Schools’ website says all schools will be closed Tuesday, which means any parent/teacher conferences scheduled for Tuesday will be rescheduled for a later date.
Smyth County Public Schools are closed for Tuesday.
Public school students in Tazewell County will be learning virtually on Tuesday.
Washington County Public Schools:
The school district’s website says Washington County Public Schools will be closed Tuesday due to inclement weather.
Wythe County school officials says the school district will operate on a two-hour delay on Tuesday, with dismissal scheduled for 3 p.m.
- Border crossing briefly shuts down as asylum-seekers try to enter U.S.
- How Cabo Fish Taco is participating in Downtown Roanoke Restaurant Week
- How to enjoy a Saturday of biking with Cardinal Bicycle
- Why knowing your food is “100% grown on American soil” is so important with Pictsweet Farms
- Former Northside, Virginia Tech soccer player Daniel Pereira selected first overall in MLS SuperDraft