SALEM, Va. (WFXR) — A veterans town hall is scheduled tomorrow, Feb. 21, at the Veterans Administration hospital in Salem.
The Salem VA Medical Center (VAMC) and Veterans Benefits Administration will host a Veterans Town Hall and Listening Session on Friday from 2-3 p.m. at the Salem VAMC’s Auditorium, also known as building 5.
The meeting is open to all including veterans, family members, congressional stakeholders, veteran service organizations, and non-governmental organizations.
Members of the Executive Leadership Team of Salem VAMC and VBA and staff will give updates “regarding access, scheduling, Choice Program, VBA benefits, and other relevant issues” during the meeting, according to a statement from the VA medical center.
For questions that are personal in nature, staff will be available after the meeting to address individual concerns, the statement said.
A pinning ceremony for Vietnam veterans will follow the town hall.
- PHOTOS: Modern ‘Hobbit hole’ hits the market far from Middle Earth
- Great apes get COVID-19 vaccine at San Diego Zoo
- Obesity ‘second greatest predictor’ of hospitalization for COVID-19, report says
- Washington County Sheriff: Second attempted murder suspect in custody Friday morning
- UPDATE: Traffic delayed on US-460 West in Campbell County after tractor-trailer crash