SALEM, Va. (WFXR) – As the growing season will be starting to come to an end in the coming weeks, fresh produce found outside of area grocery stores will start to be harder to come by.
Combine that with the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, families with limited incomes are finding it a bit easier to get fresh produce, courtesy of the Salem Farmers Market and Giving Garden who have teamed together to help the Salem Food Pantry keep their produce stocked as fall quickly approaches.
Every week, fresh items from The Giving Garden and vendors from the Salem Farmers Market are handing out fresh produce outside of the Salem Food Pantry.
Guests who pick up food will also get cooking tips and financial advice.
- EXCLUSIVE: Stolen drone returned to the Roanoke Valley Children’s Choir by good samaritan
- Churches pay for billboards to oppose Virginia casino
- Texas woman dies of COVID-19 while on commercial flight
- Indiana man admits to pushing toddler down stairs after argument over food, court docs show
- Kirstie Alley defends Trump vote, responds to ‘nasty people’