SALEM, Va. (WFXR)– Two-way traffic is open along the eastbound side of Route 460 in Giles County, as of June 4.
Westbound lanes remain closed as the Virginia Department of Transportation crews continue their restoration work after damages following a slide before Memorial Day.
Drivers can expect some daytime delays while using the open lanes of Route 460 as flaggers may control traffic while westbound lane repairs continue.
All Route 460 lanes were closed completely after a slide occurred west of the Town of Narrows caused by prolonged, heavy rainfall. Remaining repairs on westbound lanes are expected to take several more weeks to complete and are estimated to cost $1 million.
Updates on this closure and the latest Virginia traffic information are available at www.511virginia.org, through the free mobile app or by phone.
- Ferrum pitcher Will Davis finds success in Martinsville
- Duke hires Celtics’ Kara Lawson as women’s basketball coach
- Virginia sheriff’s deputy who said he was attacked Friday night charged with falsely summonsing law enforcement and obstruction of justice
- Boy calls for help; says his father shot his mother in Wythe County, authorities say
- Walking through African American history at Old City Cemetery