GILES COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — A portion of Route 460 in Giles County has temporarily re-opened one lane in each direction, VDOT announced Thursday.
Route 460 was closed following a mudslide on May 23. The mudslide collapsed lanes and damaged a retaining wall.
Crews continue to repair the damage from the May 23 mudslide, though drivers to West Virginia are encouraged to use Interstate 77.
The road re-opened Thursday so residents could have access to other parts of the county as flooding as closed other alternate routes. Once floodwaters recede, Route 460 will close again so repairs may continue.
- Pulaski County Schools release potential plan for reopening
- Hanover Schools to rename Stonewall Jackson Middle, Lee-Davis High following 4-3 vote
- Lawsuit aims to restore Richmond’s Confederate statues ‘to their previous condition’
- White House touts infrastructure agenda ahead of Trump’s trip to Georgia
- Naya Rivera death ruled an accidental drowning, Ventura County officials say